Sitting in an O.B. Van
I know you're thinking that's strange title to a post.
Here in Hong Kong they call a Production Truck an O.B. Van. O.B. stands for Outside Broadcast. I'm freezing in here right now. It's got to be cold for all the equipment, so I'd say I'm currently sitting in 65 degree weather. When you step out of the truck, it's about 95. People are sweating like crazy outside and my nose is getting runny from all the cold!
I got some sleep last night, a whole 4 hours! That beats Trish, my counterpart from Walt Disney World. She ended up sleeping in our office for about an hour and a half. I've been so lucky to get the opportunity to work with Trish. She's hysterical. We make each other laugh a lot. It's a great way to keep perspective and not get caught up in all the stress of the event. We're keeping a running list of "Things Overheard During the Grand Opening Of Hong Kong Disneyland." I'll post some of those on the next blog.
The production crew we're working with is outstanding. I wish we could take some of them home with us to work events in the U.S. Hour vision mixers Arthur and Raymond are great. We keep giving each other high fives everytime we get out a feed.
The invited media is really excited to be here. There's never been anything like Disneyland in this part of the world. They seem to be enjoying all the festivities that the special events team has planned, but I'm glad they're all going home tomorrow. I couldn't keep up this pace for another day.
If you want to take a look at what we've been doing here, watch Good Morning America on Monday morning from 7a-9a. They'll be doing cut-ins from the Park all morning. I think we're also doing a live shot to KTLA at 7:15a with my friend from WDW Broadcast Team, Miguel Piedra.
That's about it for now. I think my fingers have thawed while typing, so now it's back to the glamourous business called "TELEVISION."


<< Home