Monday, June 20, 2005

Father's Day and The Week Ahead

Sorry. No new pictures today.

It was great having Tom home all day on Sunday. We woke up and he made pancakes for the girls. They gave him a laser pen and a book light for Father's Day. They are very practical gifts for Tom while he's working in a dark theater during rehearsals this week.

We didn't do much all day; just played table tennis at the club downstairs, made dinner and played games late into the evening. Speaking of late, the girls are waking up so late (10am) that they haven't been going to bed until 11 or midnight. At first I thought I was a being a terrible mother for letting them stay up, but I later realized that with Tom getting home at 7 or 8, it gave them more time with him. So for now, they can enjoy being night owls. September and school will come around soon enough.

Looking ahead at this week, I think I'll finally start scrapbooking. I brought a bunch of baby pictures of the girls that I can put into albums, and I've printed all the pictures I've put on the blog so I've got plenty of raw material. I also found this great store in Queen's Way Center that sells beautiful archival papers. (It's really nice stuff, Sue!)

On Wednesday, I think we're going to go to the Space Museum on Kowloon. They've got a planetarium and lots of hands-on exhibits. They've got a bunch of museums in that area including a Chinese art museum and a science museum. I was looking at their websites and they look amazing. All these places are right across the street from the Peninsula Hotel. It's this beautiful old English colonial-style building. I think it's been in a James Bond film. Anyway, they have a "high tea service" there everyday at 4pm. I'm thinking maybe next week the girls and I will get dressed up and go.

Well, have a wonderful week everyone. We miss you all!