Pacific Place
The girls and I went to Pacific Place today. It was raining, once again, but they've got covered bridges and tunnels connecting multiple buildings, so you can go from place to place and not get wet. We shopped for Tom for Father's Day. I've also decided to start buying souveniers for friends and family that way I can get my shopping fix and not feel so guilty about spending money on myself. I bought the first thing today for my cousin Karen. I'm sure she'll love it.
We had a WONDERFUL cab driver on the way home from Pacific Place. He was a crack up! Apparently, he had no volume control on his voice, or he thought if he spoke English VERY LOUDLY I'd understand him better. He kept saying, "TRAFFIC, VERY BAD. VERY BAD. I TAKE YOU ON KINGSLEY ROAD INSTEAD. WAN CHAI TRAFFIC VERY BAD. VERY BAD." At first I didn't know if he was just "taking me for a ride" but he was right. The Friday night traffic in Wan Chai was terrible. He showed us a great shortcut. The kids got a kick out of him. Katie's comment was "He was the first cab driver to talk to us since we've been here."
Tom's working on Saturday. They're doing a building dedication of the Lion King Theater (it involves rice wine, water and a roasted pig. . .whatever) and rehearsals for both shows start next week. I can't believe that Hong Kong Disneyland has it's soft opening in just 8 weeks. Yikes!


<< Home