Friday, June 24, 2005

HONG KONG ATTACKED BY GIANT STICK BUG!!!

This afternoon as Maggie was walking through the master bedroom, she spotted this GIAGANTIC INSECT climbing the on the outside of our building. With her eyes as big as saucers, she ran into the livingroom and exclaimed, " THERE'S A GIANT STICK BUG THING IN YOUR ROOM AND I DON'T KNOW IF ITS ON THE INSIDE OR OUTSIDE OF THE WINDOW AND IT'S TOTALLY CREEPING ME OUT!!!" I grabbed a shoe and headed for my room.

He was, to my relief, on the outside of the glass. We don't know what exact genus and species he belongs to but we do know he's about 12 inches long with 6 inch leg-span. He's bright green and has bulgey little eyes. We've decided (ok, I've decided) that "Slim" is pretty cool, and the closest thing these kids will have to a pet here in Hong Kong.

What an exciting life we lead, huh? I guess the rain brings out the really strange bugs.

By the way, Maggie said "Yo! I think your website would be da bomb if you had da stick bug do da robot."