Monday, September 19, 2005

The End

On the night before our last night in town, we took Sue and Jacob out for dessert at the Intercontinental. They SO loved the view. . .and the sorbet!

The last day of work was very quiet. Most of the task force team had returned to the U.S. or they were taking a holiday before getting back to work. Trish, Michael, Gerianne and Amie went to Beijing, Miguel is off to beach in Singapore and Grace and Nick are touring China and Tibet for the next two weeks.

A few of the broadcast team are staying behind for one more week to wrap things up, so everyone won't be back in the office in California until October 3rd.

As I sit here writing this from my kitchen table in Foothill Ranch, CA, it almost all seems like a dream (Funny how jet lag will do that to you). It has definitely been a life changing experience to be able to live in another culture. We've met people, seen things and gone places that I couldn't have imagined. I mean, come on, do you really think I thought I'd see live wriggling eels at a fish market in Mong Kok? Or rows and rows and rows of jade in Jordan? Or even imagined broadcasting to all of Asia for the opening of a Disney theme park? I started at Disneyland as a float driver in the Electrical Parade in 1986 for goodness sake!

The one thing from the trip that I'm most thankful for is that I was able to experience Hong Kong with my family and some of my best friends in the world. It's the people that make the journey the most memorable.

Well, I hope you've enjoyed reading the blog on us as much as I've loved writing it.


Now if only Tom could do a project in Paris. . .