Monday, August 01, 2005

ANOTHER Shopping Weekend

Happy August! I can’t believe we only have about seven weeks left. Now the time’s really starting to fly.

Ok. So what did we do this weekend? Well, I FINALLY finished getting the girls’ baby pictures out of their evil, acid-laden albums and put them into beautiful, acid and lignin-free Creative Memories albums. That was the one project that I brought here to work on since I had so much free time. I packed a stack of the girls’ pictures (about six inches high) and my scrapbooking stuff. It was the one thing I wanted to finish while I was here, so “yea!”

Tom had Sunday off, so we went to what I think was the ONLY mall left that we hadn’t seen here; Harbor Center on Kowloon. We had lunch at Dan Ryan’s, an American-style restaurant there. Tom looked for some new pants (he didn’t find any he liked). Katie bought a pair of flip-flop from Esprit (on sale). And we walked and walked and walked and walked.

We also started our gift buying extravaganza for all our friends and family at home. We found things for the cousins, Ann D., the girls’ favorite teachers and most of their friends. We’re only about a third of the way through our shopping list, but we’re having a great time getting the “perfect” things for people back at home.

Anyway, next weekend should be a bit more entertaining. There’s a video shoot for the “Golden Mickey’s” show that Tom’s producing and they need kid “extras,” so the girls and I get to go to Disneyland next Saturday. It’ll be a blast.