Monday, June 13, 2005

Family Day at Hong Kong Disneyland

They had "Family Day" at Hong Kong Disneyland on Sunday, and here are some photos of us at the Park. It was so strange being there in the midst of living in Hong Kong. It was like a trip back to the U.S.. Main Street, Tomorrowland and Fantasyland feel a lot like Disneyland in California, but Adventureland seems more like WDW. It's very tropical. It was really humid on Sunday, but we were able to duck into the air conditioned rides and stores when it got too bad. We let the kids ride Space Mountain 8 times. . . 6 of those in a row. The Park wasn't crowded at all, so it was a great opportunity to go on all the rides without waiting in line. We got to see The Lion King Theater and some of the sets and costumes from the show Tom's producing.

My favorite ride was the Jungle Cruise, because the boat skipper who could barely speak English was trying to tell the regular Jungle Cruise type jokes. "ok. . .here are the elephants. . .look! One is taking a shower. . . ok, here are the alligators, ok, here are the hippos, watch out!. . . .ok, here are the dangerous natives!" But I really shouldn't say to much, because his English was MUCH better than my Cantonese. . . by far!!

There were five broadcast crews running around that day. It was the first time "guests" were in the park, so they were taking every opportunity to shoot with people in the park. I was walking down Main Street to the hub and saw Al working on the shoot for the Wonderful World of Disney. I don't know how he does it, but we're all sweating like crazy, and he looked completely comfortable, not a drop of sweat on him. Amazing. Although he does have a cold. I guess he caught it from Wendy before he came over. He says its getting better, but he's got one heck of a cough.

Walking into Tomorrowland, I ran into Chris Robinson with his crew. He looked beat. I'm sure he still had a bit of jet lag. Then I ran into Barb Nicolson in Adventureland and a few minutes later we saw Mike Hyland. Later we saw Nancy Valeri and Holly Gold working on still shoots. Everyone was ready to get out of the heat. Did I mention it was hot and humid?

Hope you enjoy the photos!